Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Summer Hols (groan)

O Cripes! The school summer holidays commence as from Friday this week. As per usual, I am completely mentally unprepared for them. Our scheduled week away isn't for a little while yet, so I have the opportunity to spend some quality time with the children before then. NOT!!!! I shall no doubt find it just as exercising as I did last year, trying to amuse them on a pittance, stay sane and produce some quality written work to hand in before my next supervisory meeting in September. At least this year I don't have the OU Advanced Latin to keep up (the sooner they transfer ALL their courses to coincide with the academic year the better IMHO), although I suspect that the discipline of translating a little of the Aeneid book II kept me from losing the plot completely. Anyhow - I'd better face up to a number of weeks of utter chaos and madness. I can certainly see the merits of Summer Camp.

No comments: