Thursday, March 5, 2009

Glorious Day


It's a beautiful day today. Yesterday was strange and unsettled and snow and hail fell from a purply sky near dusk. But today the sun is shining from a clear blue sky, warming the earth and picking up the glorious yellow and mauve crocuses. Better still, my pregnant daughter has phoned to let me know that her contractions started during the night and are continuing to build gradually. Today could be the day.....and if so, only a day overdue!

I do hope and pray that everything goes smooothly for mother and baby. I'm waiting for the call which means, as designated driver, I have to take them to the maternity unit. I'm hoping that this is it and that it's not a false alarm, which would be a real anticlimax for her. Although if it is, so be it.

No comments: