Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...

Yep. I bought books. Five to be precise: Newman's 'Apologia Pro Vita Sua', an International Critical Commentary - Matthew, a catalogue of the highlights of Gaston Phoebus' 'Book of the Hunt', a new paperback copy of Eco's 'Foucault's Pendulum' and also 'Baudolino' for good measure.
After the rush of buying there is the inevitable remorse. I really ought to get myself banned from bookshops, just like compulsive gamblers can from the bookies.
My excuse for number one is that interest was sparked by Roger Pearse's blog , for number two; that I am building a complete set of ICCs for the New Testament, for number three; my mother is currently interested in medieval painting, for number four; see yesterday's post; for number five; an extrapolation of number four!
There! that sounded reasonable didn't it?

1 comment:

Chris Weimer said...

Matthew's ICC is a great book, regardless of the other ICC set. Good choice.

Chris Weimer